This is one of my go-to dinner recipes, found during the year I had a subscription to EveryDay with Rachael Ray.
They’re oh-so-good, and pretty quick and easy too.
- 1 pound ground pork (my local grocery has it already packaged in a casing)
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small, tart apple, such as granny smith, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 12 ounce package egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease with butter. (I spray mine with my magical oil sprayer)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, cheese, breadcrumbs, apple, onion, 3 tablespoons parsley, the egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. (This is: everything but the noodles, butter and some of the parsley.)
- Mix it up with your hands. Ew, squishy.
- Shape into 16 meatballs and arrange on the baking sheet. Broil the meatballs until golden and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain, then return to the pot and toss with the butter and remaining 5 tablespoons parsley; season with salt and pepper. Divide the noodles among 4 plates; top with 4 meatballs each.
Bonus points if you make extra and have lunch for the next day!